Connect With Me:

Friday, September 7, 2012

DIY Ombre Desk & Chair


This was supposed to post yesterday, but work got the best of me. I have had this project finished for a while and really loved the turnout, but it seemed to take forever to turn it into a post. About a year ago my mom found this desk for $5. It's solid oak and heavy. I love old furniture! So I decided to turn it into an ombre painted desk. I used three shades of yellow craft paint.  Then, I taped the drawer front's off with painter's tape . Finally, I painted 2-3 coats on the surface of each drawer.

This chair is from Ikea. I will be posting a top 10 Ikea products link in a few weeks, but for now I will show you a few tips to paint the chairs. All I did was use vertical brush strokes to section the back of the chair into three. I just eye balled it, but if you need additional tips, email me at theruffledhouse@gmail.com. I would be happy to share. The total time it took to finish this project was about 2 hours including drying time.

No comments:

Post a Comment