Connect With Me:

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DIY Paper Frames


So I realize I haven't posted in while. Wow! Time really does fly when you are having fun. Well, guess what? I have all sorts of different goodies for all of you. Let me begin this post by discussing this week's game plan:
    • Today: Ikea frame wall art
    • Tomorrow: Ombre desk
    • Friday: Ribbon hand towels
    • Saturday: The Ruffled House Travels: Ardmore, Oklahoma
    • Sunday: Well, we will all rest
    • Monday: Modernizing Nature to Decorate
    • Tuesday: Beer Bottle Decor
Let's start with today's project. I wanted to share a little information about how I came to complete this project. About four years ago, I was shopping at IKEA for my first apartment I would decorate all by myself. I decided I wanted it to be girly, modern with organic and clean lines. So, of course I hit IKEA. Now I will warn you, their products are not meant for a lifetime, but a transition. I love the shape of their furniture, and you can decorate an entire bedroom for about $500.

However, don't get too attached if you move frequently. I will post at a later time, my top 10 IKEA moments with product specifications, but just know that longetivity is not the focus. Back to my new project. Well, last February I created a date book (Tutorial coming soon!) and used a booklet of scrapbook paper. I had several square sheets left over and decided to put them to good use with my IKEA frames. The frames originally cost $1.99 each, but now are going for $2.99 each. Inflation!

Using my ikea frames and scrapbook paper I covered each frame. The tutorial is listed below. I hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave a comment. 

Materials Needed:
  • Ikea Frames ($2.99 each)
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Elmer's clear glue
  • Water

Step 1: Gather Materials. Mix 1 part water to 1 part Elmer's clear glue and SHAKE.  Cut paper to fit dimensions of frames.


Step 2: Apply glue mixture to paper and frame. Adhese paper to frame.


Step 3: Wait to dry and hang.


You can also apply a slightly smaller square (such as this one!) to the frame on the top to give a different effect (look at the very first picture of this post!). Please share what you come up with! I would love to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment